Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
With its super-moist texture, buttery banana and brown sugar flavors, try this quick banana bread recipe in your microwave oven.
Prep time: 15 mins
Baking time: 35 mins
Servings: 4 portions
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled & mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the microwave oven on convection mode at 180°C, and grease a loaf tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the brown sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
4. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35 mins at 180°C, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve.