Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Make melt-in-the-mouth Malai Peda at home using this easy microwave oven recipe and enjoy a safe and happy Diwali.
Preparation time: 40 min
Cooking time: 16 min
Servings: 4 portions
- 1 cup fresh malai (milk cream)
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- 1½ cup milk
- Some kesar (saffron) threads
- Sugar (as per taste)
1. Take fresh cream (do not mix the packet and only take thick cream, not the thin milk) in a microwave-safe glass bowl and add wheat flour. Stir continuously to avoid lumps.
2. Heat this mixture at 100% micropower for 10 min, stirring every 1 min (till the ghee is separated from the cream).
3. Strain all desi ghee in another container. Now add 1 cup milk in the mixture and stir.
4. Add kesar and mix well. Stir again and cook for 6 min (stirring every 1 min) at 100% micropower till it thickens and takes a dough kind of look with light brown colour. Now add sugar and continue cooking.
5. Ensure the mixture is completely dry. Take it out on a plate and let cool.
6. Take small portions in the palm and make small flat balls. Garnish with chopped almonds.