The information below is required for social login
Create New Account
How to Solve Front Load Washing Machine Problems
By IFB | October 9, 2020
From ‘washing machine not functioning’ to ‘water not entering the drum’, there are some problems that you might occasionally encounter with your IFB Front Load Washing Machine. There is no reason to worry though. If you don’t wish to hastily call a service technician, here are some quick tips to easily troubleshoot at home.
Washing machine not working
The washing machine might not be working or functioning if:
- Power supply is not turned ON.
- Electrical power cord is not plugged in or connection is loose.
- Program is not selected.
- Ensure that supply mains switch is ON.
- Check if the power cord is plugged in properly and the connection isn’t loose.
- Ensure that the program is selected.
The washing machine should now function normally.
Washing machine door not opening
The washing machine door may not be opening because:
- Machine may be in operation.
- Door opening may not be possible.
- Child Lock may be active.
- Check if a program is active. If yes, pause the program and check door symbol indication. For safety reasons, door cannot be opened when water level, temperature or speed is too high.
- Check if ‘dLEr (door lock error)’ message is displayed. If yes, switch OFF the machine for 2 minutes and then try opening the door again. Don’t forcibly open it.
- Disable Child Lock; wait for 1-2 minutes till door symbol glows on the display.
The door should now open easily.
Washing machine program not starting
The program may not be starting in the washing machine because:
- Start/Pause button on the washing machine may not be pressed.
- Water supply tap may not be ON or there may be no water supply or low water pressure.
- Washing machine door may not be closed properly.
- Program may be in Pause/Soak or Rinse hold mode.
- Ensure that the Start/Pause button is pressed. It glows when touched.
- Open tap and ensure there is water supply with normal pressure.
- Open and close the door firmly.
- Check the status on the display (whether program is in Pause/Soak or Rinse hold mode) and refer user manual if required.
The program should now start without any issues.
No water entering the washing machine
Water may not be entering the washing machine because:
- Tap may not be ON or there may be no water supply or low pressure.
- Door may not be closed properly.
- Inlet hose may be bent; sieve or inlet valve/inlet hose may be clogged.
- Open tap; ensure there is water supply with normal pressure.
- Open and close the door firmly.
- Check if the inlet hose is bent or sieve is blocked. Fix the bend and clean the blockage.
Water should now enter the washing machine normally.
Water leaking from washing machine
There may be water leakage from the washing machine because:
- Inlet hose connection may be loose.
- Filter may not be tight.
- Inlet hose may be leaking.
- Check and tighten the inlet hose connection.
- Check and tighten the filter.
- Inlet hose may need to be replaced.
Water leakage should now have stopped.
Water not draining from washing machine
The washing machine might not be draining water because:
- Filter may be clogged.
- Drain hose may be above 1 metre (check) from the ground.
- Drain hose may be twisted or clogged.
- Check and clean the filter.
- Check and place drain hose within 1 metre or ground level if required.
- Clean and straighten the drain hose.
The machine should now drain water normally.
leave a comment
Machine is not taking the liquid detergent for wash
Vinutha, This problem is frequent. If the water in your are is not clean or it is contaminated, the water holes inside you dispenser tray which is responsible for flushing your detergent would clogged. This problem can be identified easily, as your fabric softner would not taken by the machine
Seema vinayak shekki
Still not working means door is not opening..
water is not comming from one tap and drum is not move on spin
Mp singh, Do you have enough water pressure?
Melting dress after washed
Praveen, Trying washing your clothes at low temperature
My ifb 4 washing machine front load is not using detergent powder. Why??July 14, 2021
My IFB machine show me rinse hold and extra rinse problemJuly 15, 2021
My washing machine start and automatically rinse hold and extra rinse tell me problem
some sort of greesy like fluid is leeking down drop by drop from My IFB Senora aqua sx 8kgs washing mashine .. please advice me how to solve the problem.Thank you
Tirumalarao, Can you tell me from where it is leaking?
IFB Senorita Plus front load:-
Water overflowing from water inlet tray.
Manoj Malhotra, Try cleaning the dispencer tray
Error showing Unbalanced loadJuly 18, 2021
Alaram 5 times blink. Then 15 second wait then 5vtime blont. Its meanJuly 18, 2021
Ifb aqua 6kg front loading machine-after switching on the power,
While selecting program mode, no display.
Please guide to solve the issueJuly 20, 2021
Water not drining from washine machineJuly 20, 2021
My machine is not getting start after pressing on buttonJuly 21, 2021
Kailas Deshmukh, This could be a button failure on your washing machine
Machine's door not opening after wash. (IFB front load 8kg Washing Machine)July 21, 2021
IFB front load automatic washing machine 6.5 1000rpm always showing extra clothes,even 4/5 clothes not washJuly 23, 2021
NAGESWARA RAO SIVALENKA
IFB ELITE WX 7.5 KG Model machine - spin problem and red arrow at left side of the display board continuously blinkingJuly 24, 2021
H260 and L175 are frequent , what to do?
Front liad ifb washing machine shows ER CO error
Draining problem not functioned
Can you Explain what is ntc error
- How IFB Commercial Solutions are Aiding Hospital Hygiene during COVID-19 December 31, 2020
- How to Solve Front Load Washing Machine Problems October 9, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions About Dishwashers September 14, 2020
- Washing Machine Dos and Don’ts January 15, 2021
- IFB unveils FastCool The Zero-Compromise AC : Its Features and Benefits July 4, 2020
- Vada Pav in Microwave September 15, 2021
- Methi Mathri in Microwave September 9, 2021
- Peanut Butter Cookie in Microwave September 9, 2021
- Varutharachya Sambar with Steamed Rice in Microwave September 4, 2021
- Fabo Stain Remover Pen - Be Always Stains Ready August 31, 2021