Mawa Kachori in Microwave
By IFB | January 29, 2023
Program: Top and bottom heater with fan
Preheat temp: 170⁰C
Preheat time: 10 mins
Cook temp: 170⁰C
Cook time: 30 mins
For short crust base:
- 180 gms all purpose flour
- 60 gms unsalted butter
- 2-3 tbsp of chilled water (just to bind the dough)
For the mawa filling:
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- 50 gms cashew nut powder
- 50 gms raisins
- 100 gms harayali mawa, grated
- 2 tbsp coconut, desiccated
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals
For the short crust base:
- In a bowl rub flour and hard butter with finger tips till it turns crumbly.
- Add water just to bind the dough. Bring the dry mixture to form dough, do not knead.
- Cover and keep this wrapped in cling wrap.
For the filling:
- In another bowl, mix all ingredients for the mawa filling.
- Take approx 20gms portion from short crust dough. Shape into sphere; make a cavity by gently pressing the short crust sphere.
- Keep pressing the edge gently, to widen this cavity.
- Place a spoon full of mawa filling. Bring the edges close to seal the open cavity.
- Round the uncooked kachori. Grease and line a baking tray with butter paper. Bake for 30 mins at 170⁰C.
- Once done, let it cool completely, this will help kachori to get crisper.
Validate your login
Create New Account