Baked Fish Cutlet in Microwave
By IFB | January 21, 2022
Baked Fish Cutlets
Program: Top Double Grill Heater + Back Fan
Pre heat temp: 180°C | Pre heat time: 15 mins
Cook temp: 180°C | Cook time: 20 mins
- 4 midsized king fish slices
- 1 potato medium size
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 green chili, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- A few curry Leaves
- Coconut oil, for drizzle
- Wash and prick potato with a fork, place potato inside microwave oven over the glass turn table. Cook at 100% micro power level for 6 mins. Once cooled peel and grate soften potato and keep it aside .In another bowl, wash fish slices. Now take a glass bowl and place fish slices and add water just enough to cover the slices. Cook at 80% micro power level for 8 mins. Let the fish cool down completely, then shred the fish meat from the bone and mash the boneless fish mince lightly.
- In a bowl add oil, chopped onion, ginger, green chili, curry leaves, coriander leaves and cook at 100% micro power level for 3 mins. Now add fish mince and cook further for 1 min at 100% micro power level.
- Once above mixture cools down, add gram masala, pepper powder, grated potato mash and combine well.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and flatten them with a thickness of 2cm similar to a cutlet shape with approx 5 cm diameter.
- In a bowl beat eggs and dip each cutlet in egg and then in breadcrumbs. Place the cutlets in a dinner plate lined with butter paper. Now refrigerate the cutlets for 30 mins. In the mean time select the program and pre heat oven for 15 mins at 180°C.
- Arrange the prepared cutlets in a tray lined with foil paper and drizzle few drops of oil on top of each cutlet, just to keep it soft and moist while baking. Place the baking tray in the 3rd rack position.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 mins or until the cutlets become slightly brown.
- Serve hot with mint mayo.