Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Enjoy tasty Chowpatty Chaat made at home with leftover bread with this easy microwave oven recipe by IFB Spice Secrets.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Servings: 8-10 nos
- 6 slices Leftover bread
- 100 gms Boiled potato
- 25 gms Curd (dahi)
- 20 gms Onions
- 20 gms Sweet curd
- 20 gms Tomato
- 20 gms Tamarind & jaggery chutney
- 5 gms Red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp Coriander chutney
- 1 tsp Yellow sev
- Salt To taste
- Oil For brushing
1. In a clean bowl, add leftover bread, mashed potato, curd and salt; combine all thoroughly.
2. To shape into small tikkis, divide into 8 evenly sized portions; make balls and gently press.
3. Grease the magic tawa with oil and place it on high rack, select H2 Program of OFC Mode and let the microwave oven preheat.
(In convection microwave oven, select convection mode and pre-heat the oven at 180°C for 5 mins and follow process from step 5).
4. After 2 mins of preheating, place tikkis on hot tawa.
5. Place the tawa in the MWO and set the timer for 15 mins. Turn the tikkis after 7 mins.
6. In a bowl, place the tikki, gently mash it, top it with the sweet curd, tamarind chutney, coriander chutney, chopped onions, tomatoes and yellow sev.
7. Sprinkle red chilli powder, salt and chaat masala to taste.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve immediately.