Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Fasting on Janmashtami? Here’s a wholesome and authentic festive recipe for Baked Sabudana Wada .
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
- 1 cup sabudana / sago / tapioca (soaked in water for 3 hours)
- 2 potatoes, boiled and mashed (6 min at 100% micro power level)
- ½ cup peanuts, roasted and crushed (3 min at 100% micropower level)
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Ghee for brushing
1.Take the sabudana in a glass bowl; add potatoes and ½ cup peanuts.
2. Add ½ tsp ginger paste, cumin, chilli, coriander and salt.
3. Mix and mash well with your hand. Shape into round flat vadas.
4. Grease the magic tawa with ghee and pre-heat the microwave oven on H2 mode of Oil Free Cooking programme. Set the timer for total 12 min.
5. Place the sabudana wadas on the hot tawa and brush lightly with ghee.
6. Cook wadas for initially 8 min and turn them; continue cooking.
7. Serve hot with masala tea.