The information below is required for social login
Create New Account
Vada Pav in Microwave
By IFB | September 15, 2021
Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 33 mins
Servings: 4 portions
Vada Pav Ingredients:
- 3 (300 gms) boiled potatoes
- 1/2 cup (60 gms) chickpea flour
- 2 to 3 tbsp green coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/8 tsp carom seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 pinch asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 to 2 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch baking Soda
- 4 pav
- Mint & imlil chutney for accompaniment
Vada Pav Preparation:
- Take chickpea flour in a bowl, add water in small portions and stir to make the batter of pouring consistency.
- Add salt, 1/4 tsp red chili powder, half of 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, carom seeds and mix well.
- Add 1 pinch baking soda and mix. Keep aside for 10 minutes to puff up.
- To make stuffing, take boiled potatoes, peel and crumble them.
- Preheat the greased baking tray at 180*C. In a separate bowl add cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder, finely chopped green chili, ginger paste and cook for 3 mins at 100% micro power level.
- Add mashed potatoes, red chili powder, coriander leaves and mix well. Heat this mixture for 2 mins at 100% micro power level.
- Grease hands with oil. Pick stuffing, make a ball, flatten it and keep it on the plate.
- Coat the flattened vada with chickpea flour batter.
- Place the vadas on the pre heated tray, and cook at 180*C for 18 mins.
- Slit the pav, add mint and imli chutney, place the vada in the center and serve hot.
leave a comment
- How IFB Commercial Solutions are Aiding Hospital Hygiene during COVID-19 December 31, 2020
- How to Solve Front Load Washing Machine Problems October 9, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions About Dishwashers September 14, 2020
- Washing Machine Dos and Don’ts January 15, 2021
- Planning your laundry area January 25, 2021