How to Make Paneer Paratha in Microwave
By IFB | September 15, 2020
Perfectly cooked Paneer Paratha is always pleasing to the palate. Here’s an easy microwave oven recipe to try.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 18 min
Servings: 4 nos
- 2 cups homemade paneer
- ½ tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- Fistful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat flour/atta
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil or ghee
- Water as required for kneading
- ¼ cup wheat flour for dusting
- Ghee for brushing
1. With fine sieve, strain the curdled milk in a muslin cloth. Press to drain the whey. In a microwaveable glass bowl, add 1 tsp ghee, crumbled paneer and remaining ingredients. Heat this mixture at 100% micropower level for 3 min. Adjust the seasoning and let rest.
Paratha dough and stuffing:
1. In a large mixing bowl, take wheat flour; add salt.
2. Add whey and knead the dough for 5 min.
3. Grease the dough with a tsp of ghee and rest for at least 20 min.
4. Pinch a medium-sized ball dough, roll about 5 inches in diameter.
5. Place the stuffing in the center.
6. Take the edge and start pleating, bringing to center.
7. Press the pleats from center.
8. Sprinkle some flour and roll to a phulka size.
Roasting and paratha:
1. Select the grill mode and preheat the magic tawa for 4 min.
2. Place the paratha on the hot magic tawa and cook for 8 min or until tiny golden dots appear on the surface; flip over and cook the other side for 3 min. Once done, lightly brush both sides with ghee.
3. Use a folded kitchen towel and place the paratha below it to keep it soft.
4. Transfer the cooked paratha to a serving platter. Serve immediately.