Vegetable Au Gratin in Microwave
By IFB | October 16, 2021
Vegetable Au Gratin
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Servings: 4 portions
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt to taste
- Crushed pepper to taste
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1½ cube cheese
- 30 gms bread crumbs
- 150 gms diced vegetables (carrots, french beans, potato, peas, broccoli, mushroom & cauliflower)
- In a microwave safe glass bowl add butter & garlic and cook for 2 mins at 100% micro power level.
- Now add flour, heat this mixture at 100% micro power level for 3 mins. Cook this mixture until it starts to give off a roasted smell. Keep stirring continuously after every min.
- Then add in the milk, stirring continuously and cook for more 2 mins stirring every 30 secs.
- Once the milk thickens and becomes of a saucy consistency. Add in the salt, nutmeg, cheese and season with white pepper powder.
- Boil the vegetables in a bowl at 100% micro power level for 6 mins. Now add the diced vegetables in the sauce and mix well.
- Transfer into baking glass dish and top with bread crumbs and grated mozzarella cheese. Bake at 180°C for 7 mins with high rack till the top crust is golden brown.