Vegan Spaghetti Beet Balls in Microwave
By IFB | February 6, 2023
Program: Solo & Convection Mode
Micro power level
Cook time: 27 mins
Cook temp: 180⁰C
Cook temp: 25 mins
- 1 cup soaked couscous
- 1 no grated beetroot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup shallot (diced)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese / tofu
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil & parsley
- 1-2 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 200 gms pizza sauce
- 120 gms spaghetti
- In a bowl add water leaving 2 inch on top, add 2 tbsp olive oil and heat it for 7 mins at 100% micro-power level. Then add Spaghetti and cook for 10 mins, till al dente.
- Now in another bowl add oil, minced garlic, diced shallots and heat for 5 mins at 100% micro-power level. Keep mixing after every 2 mins.
- Add grated beetroot, oregano, red pepper flake & sea salt to mix along with garlic, shallot mixture continues to cook for more 5 mins at 100% micro-power level.
- Then add soaked couscous, tofu, tomato paste, fresh basil or parsley and Worcestershire (optional). Mix to combine until a textured dough forms. Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Scoop out heaping 1 1/2 tbsp amounts of beet balls mixture, gently form into small balls using your hands place on a plate and refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Brush some oil on the tray/magic tawa and place the cooled beet balls on the grease tray and sprinkle some oil over it and bake at 180⁰C for 20 mins.
- In a microwave safe glass casserole, add cooked spaghetti, and spread gently. Now top the spaghetti with the beet balls, placing them evenly. Top this with the pizza sauce and grated tofu.
- Bake on convection mode for 5 mins at 180⁰C on using low rack. Serve hot garnished with Fresh basil.
Validate your login
Create New Account