Red Velvet Cake In Microwave Oven
By IFB | February 18, 2023
Pre heat temp: 180⁰C
Cook temp: 180⁰C
Cook temp: 35 mins
For the Cake:
300 g cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
113 g unsalted butter room temperature
300 g granulated sugar
2 large eggs room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cocoa powder
240 ml buttermilk room temperature
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 to 2 tbsp liquid red food colouring
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
454 g cream cheese room temperature
340 g unsalted butter room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch kosher salt
675 g confectioner’s sugar sifted
150 gm canned maraschino cherry
For the cake:
- Pre heat the oven at 180*C for 10mins.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter. Add in sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time, beating each until well combined. Beat in the vanilla essence.
- Sift the cocoa powder into the butter mixture and beat just until combined.
- In another bowl mix together the buttermilk, vinegar, and red food colouring.
- Add half of the sifted flour mixture followed by half of the buttermilk mixture to the mixing bowl, beating just until combined. Repeat with the remaining flour and buttermilk.
- Pour the batter in 2 round 6 inches greased baking tin and Bake for about 35 mins.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a glass bowl beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and fluffy. Add the vanilla and salt. Add sugar into the mixture until combined. Beat until fluffy.
- Chop some tinned cherries & slit open each cake width wise. Soak red velvet sponge slice with some sweet cheery preserve, spread the frosting, top this with some chopped cherries, place another cake slice and repeat.
- Finally cover the cake with the prepared frosting from outside and refrigerate for 1 hour, garnish with some more cherries, cut and serve.
30FRC2 30 L | BlackRating:97%MRP (Inclusive of all taxes)₹20,990Offer Price (Save 8%) ₹19,311
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs 2000
- Instant Cashback up to Rs 2000 on MobiKwik
- No Cost EMI up to 18 months
- Exchange and Save up to Rs 500
Auto Cook MenusAuto Cook Menus : Standard menus to help you explore new flavours and menus in the comfort of your home. Everything from kebabs, pizzas or popcorn!
FermentationFermentation : Ferment dough, batter or dairy products at your leisure.
RotisserieRotisserie : Satisfy barbecue cravings. Perfect grilling every time! Ideal for kebabs and tikkas.
leave a comment
- How to Solve Front Load Washing Machine Problems October 9, 2020
- How IFB Commercial Solutions are Aiding Hospital Hygiene during COVID-19 December 31, 2020
- Washing Machine Dos and Don’ts January 15, 2021
- Powder vs. Liquid Laundry Detergent: What is Best? August 23, 2021
- How Do Dishwasher Work: Step by Step Guide August 27, 2021