By IFB | June 17, 2022
Program: Top and bottom heater with Fan
Pre heat temp: 170°C
Pre heat time: 10 mins
Cook temp: 170°C
Cook time: 45 mins (for final baking)
For Short Crust Base:
- 180 gms all-purpose flour
- 60 gms butter
- 2 to 3 tbsps chilled water (to bind dough)
- 200 gms smoked chicken sausages, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 4 eggs, large
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, finely ground
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- A few sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 egg white, for brushing
Prepare the Pie Crust:
- Rub flour and hard butter with finger tips till it turns crumbly. Add water just to bind the dough.
- Roll out 1 pie crust to 12" on a lightly floured surface or between two pieces of parchment paper, then transfer to the tart pan. Press the pastry dough into the pan with your fingers to mold to the pan.
- Prick the surface of crust with fork. Place a crumb sheet of butter paper add kidney beans. Freeze for about 30 mins, meanwhile, preheat the oven to 170°C with the rack in the middle.
- Pre-Bake the Crust with raw kidney beans.
- Brush the inside of the baked tart with a whisked egg white - this will prevent the crust from becoming soggy from the filling.
Make the Savory Egg Filling:
- While pie is pre-baking, in a microwave safe glass bowl, add chopped sausages, diced onions and cook for 4 mins.
- In another large bowl whisk 4 eggs, then add milk and cream, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp paprika and 1/8 tsp of nutmeg and whisk together for about a minutes to incorporate a little bit of air into the custard.
- Stir in the cheese, prepared bacon and onion. Then pour the filling into the prebaked crust.
- Bake the Quiche Lorraine in a preheated oven at 170°C for about 45 mins, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean and the center jiggles slightly. The quiche will continue cooking after it is removed from the oven.
- Cool slightly before serving and garnish with parsley if desired.
30FRC2 30 L | BlackRating:97%MRP (Inclusive of all taxes)₹20,990Offer Price (Save 8%) ₹19,311
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs 2000
- Instant Cashback up to Rs 2000 on MobiKwik
- No Cost EMI up to 18 months
- Exchange and Save up to Rs 500
Auto Cook MenusAuto Cook Menus : Standard menus to help you explore new flavours and menus in the comfort of your home. Everything from kebabs, pizzas or popcorn!
FermentationFermentation : Ferment dough, batter or dairy products at your leisure.
RotisserieRotisserie : Satisfy barbecue cravings. Perfect grilling every time! Ideal for kebabs and tikkas.
leave a comment
- How to Solve Front Load Washing Machine Problems October 9, 2020
- How IFB Commercial Solutions are Aiding Hospital Hygiene during COVID-19 December 31, 2020
- Washing Machine Dos and Don’ts January 15, 2021
- Powder vs. Liquid Laundry Detergent: What is Best? August 23, 2021
- How Do Dishwasher Work: Step by Step Guide August 27, 2021
- IFB FastCool AC with Heavy Duty Cooling - Cools Fast. Cools Strong December 1, 2023
- A Deep Dive into Commercial Laundry Chemicals: Types and How to Use Them November 30, 2023
- No Maida Nevri November 18, 2023
- Jalebi November 18, 2023
- Namak Para November 18, 2023