Pongal Recipe: Chana Dal Payasam
By IFB | January 10, 2020
- 100 gms boiled chana dal
- 150 gms jaggery
- 250 ml water
- 150 ml coconut milk
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 20 gms cashew nuts
- 20 gms raisins
- 20 gms coconut flakes
- Set the microwave programme at 100% micro power level for 15 mins.
- Add ghee and heat for 2 mins.
- Add cashew nuts and cook further for 1 min.
- Add raisins and continue cooking for 1 min.
- Add coconut flakes and cook for 1 min.
- Reserve some nuts and coconut flakes for the garnish.
- Add water along with chopped jaggery and cook further for 2 mins.
- Now add boiled chana dal and cook for 3 mins.
- Add coconut milk and continue cooking for 2 mins.
- Add cardamom and cook for 3 mins till the payasam gets a nice boil.
- Serve hot, garnished with nuts, coconut flakes and some coconut milk.
Validate your login
Create New Account