Mozzarella Potato Croquettes in Microwave
By IFB | December 8, 2021
Program: Top + Bottom Heater with Convection Fan
Pre heat temp: 180°C | Pre heat time: 15 mins
Cook temp: 180°C | Cook time: 18 mins
- 2 cups mashed potato - (preferably leftover or chilled)
- 10 nos. mozzarella sticks (2 inches length & 1 cm thickness)
- ¾ cup refined flour
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tbsp corn flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For Potato Mash Flavoring:
- 1 tsp garlic nibs or garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried mix herbs
- Salt to taste
- Place the flour, salt and black pepper powder in one bowl, mix together, and place aside.
- In another bowl add corn flour and 4 tbsp water to make thick slurry (eggs can be used instead of this slurry for binding).
- Place the breadcrumbs in the third bowl. Sprinkle chili flakes onto the breadcrumbs and then drizzles on the olive oil. Mix together so the oil absorbs into all of the breadcrumbs, keep this aside in a flat plate.
- Select the program & preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Now mix the potato mash with garlic and onion powder, chopped parsley, mixed herbs & salt.
- Take a heaped tbsp of mashed potato and flatten it in your hand. Place a Mozzarella stick and wrap the mashed potato around it. Shape into a cylinder shape.
- Dip the prepared potato cylinder into the flour mixture, then into the corn-flour slurry and finally into the breadcrumbs mixture, ensuring the croquette is completely covered. Place on the baking tray and repeat with the rest of the mashed potato.
- Now place butter paper on the baking tray and lightly grease with olive oil. Now arrange potato cylinders with 2 cm gap between each on the tray, then place in the oven on 3rd rack positioning for 18 mins at 180°C until the potato croquettes are golden. Don't overcook or the cheese will start to seep out and the croquettes will flatten out a little.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool for a few mins before serving.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint mayonnaise.