Microwave Sesame Seed Ladoo (Til ke Ladoo)
By IFB | January 14, 2020
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- ¼ cup roasted chana dal
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup jaggery
- 1 tbsp water
- Ghee to grease palm
- Combine the sesame seed mixture and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or pie dish, add jaggery and water. Stir well and microwave at 100% power for 1 minute.
- Stir again and microwave for 30 seconds. The syrup reaches hard ball consistency at this point.
- To test this, in a bowl of water, put a few thick drops of the syrup. Roll it between your fingers and drop it on the counter or a hard surface.
- It should be of hard consistency, making a small sound when dropped.
- Combine all the dry ingredients to make the sesame mixture and mix with the syrup.
- Grease your palms well with the ghee and roll the ladoos.
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes.