Methi Mathri in Microwave
By IFB | September 9, 2021
Prep Cook Time: 40 mins
Cooking Time: 16 mins
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup sooji/semolina
- 2 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp ajwain seeds
- 1 tsp kalongi
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or as required
- 1-2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp vanaspati
- Water to knead dough
Methi Mathri Preparation:
- Take whole wheat flour& semolina in a mixing bowl.
- Mix in ajwain, kalonji, crushed black pepper, fennel seeds and salt.
- Add vanaspati to the flour and rub it nicely with fingers till the flour resembles bread crumbs and comes together when taken in fist.
- Now add kasuri methi. Knead till a soft but firm dough using icy cold water.
- Preheat the oven by selecting convection mode at 180*C.
- Divide dough into small lemon sized portion, flatten with hand a bit. Pinch these with fork so that the mathri doesn’t swell up while baking.
- Arrange the mathris on the baking plate. Bake them at 160*C using high rack for 16 mins.
- Once done let the mathris cool down completely, transfer to a glass jar, serve with evening tea.