Masala Dal Paratha (made with Leftover Dal)
By IFB | April 30, 2020
Make a healthy Indian flat bread with leftover dal (lentil stew) using this easy microwave oven recipe by IFB Spice Secrets.
Preparation time: 12 mins
Baking time: 12 mins
Servings: 8-10 nos
- Leftover dal (toor/moong/masoor) - 1 cup
- Atta (whole wheat flour) - 2½ cups
- Curd (dahi) - 25 gms
- Chopped onion - 20 gms
- Chopped green chillies - 10 gms
- Coriander powder - 5 gms
- Red chilli powder - 5 gms
- Chopped curry leaves - 1 tsp
- Amchur powder - ¼ tsp
- Turmeric - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee for brushing
1. In a clean bowl, add leftover dal, atta, curd, chopped onion, green chillies, curry leaves, coriander powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder, turmeric and salt. Combine thoroughly with a little water at a time into semi-soft dough. Cover the dough with damp cloth and let rest for 15 mins.
2. Divide the dough into 8 even-size portions and make balls. Cover with damp cloth and prepare for rolling.
3. Dust atta on a flat surface and roll out a paratha with approx 8 cm diameter. Now apply ghee on the top and dust atta. Fold into a semi circle and fold it further into half to create a triangle.
4. Now roll out the paratha into 12 cm diameter; keep it a little thick.
5. Grease the magic tawa with ghee and place it on high rack, select H2 Programme of OFC Mode and let the microwave oven preheat for 2 mins.
(In convection microwave oven, select convection mode and pre-heat the oven at 180°C for 5 mins and follow process from step 7).
6.After 2 mins of preheating, place paratha on hot tawa.
7. Place the tawa in the MWO and set the timer for 10 mins. Turn the parathas after 7 mins.
8. Apply ghee and serve hot parathas with pickle or curd.