Lemon and Berry Cake
By IFB | October 25, 2021
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 eggs (yolks and whites separated)
- 120 gms castor or powdered sugar
- 120 gms plain refined flour
- 40 gms milk
- 30 gms oil
- 1 tsp synthetic vinegar
- ½ tsp lemon essence
- 10 blueberries
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 225 gms cream cheese
- 115 gms unsalted butter (softened to room temperature)
- 420 gms icing sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced candied lemon peel
- Beat the egg whites with an electronic whisk till the egg whites become stiff peaks. Add the vinegar to the egg white and whisk it. Add the castor sugar in 5 separate parts and whisk till all the sugar is dissolved in the egg whites.
- Slowly add the 4 egg yolks and give it a light mix (fold in). Mix refined flour with berries. Add the refined flour in 3 parts till all the flour is mixed (use cut and fold method).
- Pre-heat the oven on convection mode for 10 minutes at 170°C. Add the oil, milk, and lemon essence to the cake batter.
- Coat the cake tin with butter and flour or butter paper and butter. After the oven pre-heat, set the oven on convection mode for 150°C for 35 mins.
- Transfer the batter in the lined cake tin, tap the cake tin and swirl with tooth pick to release trapped air-pockets.
- Bake on convection mode for 150°C for 35 mins. De-mould once cooled on metal rack.
- Let the sponge cool completely before covering it with the frosting. Garnish with berries and candied lemon peel.
Validate your login
Create New Account