Kadhi Chawal in Microwave
By IFB | October 27, 2021
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Ingredients for Kadhi:
• 1½ cups curd
• 2 tbsp besan
• ½ cup water
• ½ tsp turmeric powder
• 1/4 tsp fenugreek seed
• 1 tsp ginger paste
• 1 tsp garlic paste
• 1-2 green chillies, slit
• Salt to taste
Ingredients for Pakoda:
• ½ cup gram flour
• 1 tsp chilli powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 1 tsp green chilli, chopped
• 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
• Salt to taste
• Oil for brushing
• 2 tbsp ghee
• ½ tsp hing
• ½ tsp cumin seeds
• ½ tsp mustard seeds
• 2 dried whole red chilli
• Boiled rice accompaniment
1. Take a mixing bowl; add gram flour, chili powder, salt, baking soda, onions, green chili paste and coriander leaves.
2. Add water only to make the pakoda into sticky dough. Add 2 tsp oil in the pakoda mixture arrange the pakoda portions approx 1 tsp on the greased baking plate and bake the pakodas in pre heated microwave oven on convection mode for 18 mins at 180°C.
1. Take a bowl, whisk curd with besan and water.
2. Add red chili powder, turmeric and salt.
3. In a bowl add fenugreek seeds, hing & oil. Heat this mixture for 3 mins at 100% micro power level. Now add green chili, ginger paste & garlic paste. Continue cooking for further 3 mins at 100% micro power level. Stir well and add the curd mixture, stir continuously to avoid lumps.
4. Now cook the kadhi mixture till it thickens, at 60% micro power level for 6 mins. We can adjust consistency of kadhi using water.
5. Before serving transfer the kadhi with pakodas to a dish.
For the final tempering:
1. Heat ghee in microwave safe glass bowl at 100% micro power level for 4 mins, add hing, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilly whole. Cook for 1 min at 100% micro power level. Now pour the tadka over kadhi in the serving dish.
2. Serve with boiled rice.
30FRC2 30 L | Rotisserie | BlackRating:97%MRP (Inclusive of all taxes)₹20,990Offer Price (Save 8%) ₹19,311
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs 2000
- Instant Cashback up to Rs 2000 on MobiKwik
- No Cost EMI up to 18 months.
Auto Cook MenusAuto Cook Menus : Standard menus to help you explore new flavours and menus in the comfort of your home. Everything from kebabs, pizzas or popcorn!
FermentationFermentation : Ferment dough, batter or dairy products at your leisure.
RotisserieRotisserie : Satisfy barbecue cravings. Perfect grilling every time! Ideal for kebabs and tikkas.
leave a comment
- How to Solve Front Load Washing Machine Problems October 9, 2020
- How IFB Commercial Solutions are Aiding Hospital Hygiene during COVID-19 December 31, 2020
- Washing Machine Dos and Don’ts January 15, 2021
- Powder vs. Liquid Laundry Detergent: What is Best? August 23, 2021
- How Do Dishwasher Work: Step by Step Guide August 27, 2021
- Ukdiche Modak September 16, 2023
- IFB Dishwashers: A Solution for Perfect, Effortless Drying September 16, 2023
- Why a Convection Microwave Oven is a Must-Have in Your Kitchen September 16, 2023
- Stuffed Mozzarella Garlic Bread August 26, 2023
- Coconut Bread August 26, 2023