Kachori in Microwave
By IFB | November 20, 2021
For Kachori Dough:
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp desi ghee/ clarified butter + little extra for greasing
- 1/2 cup yellow moong dal, soaked for 1.5 hours, then ground coarse in mixer.
- 1 tsp salt adjust to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seed jeera
- 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/2 tsp dhania seeds
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- 2-3 tbsp besan
For making the dough:
- In a bowl, add flour, salt, and ghee. Knead well. The ghee should be well incorporated.
- Add a little warm water and continue kneading. Just add a little at a time for a firm dough.
- Keep kneading till all the lumps are gone. Then transfer to a clean kitchen top and stretch and fold the dough to make it smooth. Once done, let it rest covered with a wet towel. Rest for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, begin the filling as per the steps given below. After 10 mins, make small balls and rest again for 5 mins. Now, before you start the filling, preheat the oven at 200ºC
- In a microwave safe glass bowl, add ghee and all the seeds, heat at 100% micro power level for 2 mins. Let them splutter. Add the spices, powdered masalas and 2 tbsp water (to avoid burning of spices). Add ginger and cook for 2 mins at 100% micro power level.
- Now add the besan and cook at 60% micro power level for 8 mins stirring after every 1 min. Now add the coarsely ground moong dal and continue cooking for 8 mins stirring after every 1 min.
- You may add a little water to bind this masala, but then cook till it comes together and the water is almost evaporated.
- Make small balls of equal size and place them on the flour balls and then press them inside. And start coving the edges inside covering the masala filling completely. Now press this stuffed ball with your hands. Press it properly to ensure evenly baked kachoris.
- Grease a baking pan with ghee and place all the kachoris and place a low rack below. Bake these for 45 mins at 200ºC. After 25 mins, turn them over for even cooking on both sides.
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney and green coriander chutney.
Validate your login
Create New Account