How to Make Tea Cake in Microwave
By IFB | December 15, 2020
Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Care for some tea cake? Explore this unique microwave oven recipe and enjoy International Tea Day with the perfect bake.
Preparation time: 20 min
Baking time: 25 min
Servings: 12-14 slices
- 1 cup/120 gm all-purpose flour/maida
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Matcha green tea
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 70 gm butter
- ¾ cup/150 gm brown sugar
- 1½ ripe banana
- ½ cup/120 ml milk
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 egg (optional)
1. Select convection mode and preheat the microwave oven at 180°C.
2. Grease loaf cake tin with butter or use disposable loaf box.
3. Take butter and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
4. Add mashed banana and egg; whisk well.
5. Add flour, Matcha green tea, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and mix well.
6. Add milk and fold gently.
7. Add walnuts and fold gently.
8. Pour the mixture into a baking pan, top with walnuts and bake in preheated microwave oven for 25 min at 150°C.
9. De-mould and serve warm with a hot cup of tea.
Validate your login
Create New Account