Seeduction Bread Recipe
By IFB | February 7, 2023
Pre heat temp: 190⁰C
Cook temp: 190⁰C
Cook temp: 25 mins
- 2 tsp active dry or instant yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 ½ tbsp sugar
- 2 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp whole flax seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, plus additional for oiling the bowl
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 large eggs
- Pre heat the oven at 190⁰C for 10 mins.
- In a small bowl, combine the yeast, water and 1 tsp of the sugar and give it a little stir. Let it sit for about 5 mins, until it becomes foamy on top. In a large bowl, mix together the flours, salt, remaining 2 tbsp sugar and the pumpkin, flax, sunflower, poppy and sesame seeds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, golden syrup and 2 eggs. When the yeast is foamy, add it to the dry mixture, immediately followed by the egg mixture, and stir to combine. Knead for 7 to 10 minutes, until you have nice smooth dough, adding more flour as necessary. Cover with a clean towel or plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature until doubled in size for 2 to 3 hours.
- Punch the dough and knead it for some time. Weigh the dough and divide the dough into 40 gms each.
- Shape the dough into roundels and place it in a greased baking ting (like a flower). Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for 30 mins.
- Give an egg wash to the dough, sprinkle some seeds and bake for 25 mins.
- Once complete, glaze with butter and rest for 10 mins before serving.