Chapati in Microwave
By IFB | September 14, 2020
Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
If you thought that a Chapati couldn’t be made in a microwave, try this easy recipe.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 11 min
Servings: 10 nos.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or drum-wheat atta
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp wheat flour, for rolling and dusting
- Leftover dal and rice
1. Sieve the flour, add salt to it and mix well. Place it in a large bowl and add leftover rice and dal along with 1/4 cup water. Stir gently with fingers in a circular motion until the flour starts to gather. Add 1-2 tbsp flour if the dough looks too sticky. Add more water if it looks too dry and firm.
2. Knead the flour until it becomes soft and pliable and doesn't stick to your fingers. Add oil on your hand while kneading. Cover it with plastic wrap and let rest for at least 1 hour at room temperature. Divide the dough into 10-12 equal-sized balls. Roll a dough ball in the flour and flatten it a bit with your hands. Transfer to a clean, flat surface, roll it with a rolling pin into a 6-7 inch disc. If the dough sticks to the surface, dust the surface with more flour.
3. Select the grill mode and preheat the magic tawa for 4 min.
4. Place the chapati on the hot magic tawa and cook for 8 min or until tiny golden dots appear on the surface; flip over and cook the other side for 3 min. Once done, lightly brush both sides with ghee.
5. Use a folded kitchen towel and place the chapatis below it to keep them soft.
6. Transfer the cooked chapatis to a serving platter. Serve immediately.
Validate your login
Create New Account