Coffee Day Special: Caffe Mocha Loaf Cake
By IFB | September 30, 2020
Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
It’s Coffee Day! What better way to celebrate than making Caffe Mocha Loaf Cake in your microwave!
Preparation time: 30 min
Baking time: 35 min
Servings: 500 gm (12-14 slices)
- 4 eggs (yolks and whites separated)
- 120 gm powdered sugar
- 120 gm all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp milk
- 30 gm rice bran oil
- 1 tsp synthetic vinegar
- 1.5 tsp black coffee
- 25 gm cocoa powder
1. Beat the egg whites with a whisk till it becomes stiff. Add vinegar and whisk further. Add the powdered sugar in 5 separate parts and whisk till all sugar is dissolved.
2. Slowly add the 4 egg yolks and give it a light mix (fold in). Sieve all-purpose flour and cocoa powder together and place aside. Add all-purpose flour mixture in 3 parts till it is mixed well.
3. Preheat the microwave oven on convection mode at 170 °C. Add the oil, milk and black coffee to the loaf cake batter.
4. Coat the loaf tin with butter and flour or butter paper and butter. After the microwave oven is preheated, bake the Caffe Mocha Loaf Cake on convection mode at 150°C for 35 min.
5. Once done, let it cool completely in the tin. Turn the loaf cake on grill rack to cool further.
6. Enjoy Caffe Mocha Loaf Cake with a hot cup of cappuccino.