Homemade Chyawanprash in Microwave
By IFB | July 5, 2020
Stay immune, stay healthy with this tasty and easy microwave oven recipe for Homemade Chyawanprash.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: 500 gm
- 350 gm Indian gooseberries (amla)
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 400 gms jaggery (gud)
- A few saffron (kesar) strands
For spice powder:
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 inch cinnamon stick (dalchini)
- 10 gm dry ginger (saunth)
- 10 gm bamboo manna (vanshlochan)
- 10 gm long pepper (pipli)
- 5 gm cobra’s saffron (nagkesar)
- 5 gm nutmeg (jaiphal)
- 5-7 green cardamom (choti elaichi)
- 5 gm clove (laung)
- 5 gm black pepper (kali mirch)
1.Wash, de-seed and chop amla. Place in a glass bowl with 100 ml water. Cook for 10 min at 100% micropower level and grind to a smooth paste.
2.In a glass bowl, add the amla paste with chopped coconut jaggery, ghee and saffron. Stir and cook for 5 min at 100% micropower level.
3.Add all the spices in another glass bowl and heat for 10 min at 100% micropower level, stirring every minute. Grind to a fine powder and sieve.
4.Combine the amla mixture and spice powder. Cook for 5 min at 100% micropower level. Cool down completely and store in airtight bottles.
5.Refrigerate and consume a spoonful every day for a better immunity.
Validate your login
Create New Account