Healthy Chicken Keema Samosas (Baked! Not Fried)
By IFB | April 15, 2020
Yes it’s possible … in IFB Microwave Oven!
Samosas made healthy! Try this microwave oven recipe for baked Chicken Keema Samosas by IFB Spice Secrets.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Servings: 6 nos
Ingredients for Samosa Dough:
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- Water as needed
- 3 tbsp olive oil (for dough and brushing)
Ingredients for Chicken Keema Stuffing:
- 2 cups leftover chicken keema masala
- 10 gms green chillies
- 25 gms onions
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp jeera powder
- ½ tsp haldi powder
- 1 tsp dhaniya powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- A few coriander leaves
- 1 wedge lemon
- Salt to taste
1. In a bowl, add all-purpose flour, wheat flour, salt and mix. Add oil and knead into soft dough by using water bit by bit. Wrap it in wet cloth and let rest.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, add oil, chopped onions, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, leftover chicken keema masala, powdered masalas and combine well. Adjust seasoning and cook at 100% microwave power level for 5 mins.
3.Add chopped coriander and lemon juice; let this chicken keema mixture cool.
4. Knead the dough again; divide into even-sized small balls. Dust the dough balls with wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
5. Roll the balls lengthwise as thin as possible and cut in two halves; the samosa covering or patty is ready.
6. Shape the samosa patty into a cone. Ensure that the cone’s edges are sealed with water. Now fill with keema stuffing.
7. Seal the open end of the samosas by folding it. Ensure that the bottom is sealed as well.
8. Grease the magic tawa with oil and place it on high rack, select H2 Programme of OFC Mode and let the microwave oven preheat.
(In convection microwave oven, select convection mode and pre-heat the oven at 180°C for 5 mins and follow process from step 10).
9. After 2 mins of preheating, brush the samosas with olive oil and place on hot tawa.
10.Place the tawa in the MWO and set timer for 15 mins. Brush samosas with olive oil after 7 mins (if needed).
11.Serve Chicken Keema Samosas hot with ketchup and pudina chutney.