Gudi Padwa: Mango Shrikhand Cheesecake
By IFB | March 19, 2020
Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
For a sweet indulgence on Gudi Padwa, we share a unique and easy microwave oven recipe for Mango Shrikhand Cheesecake.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 100 ml whipped cream
- 150 gms fresh mango
- 1 tbsp jaggery
- 1 cup mango shrikhand
- 1 tsp mango essence
- 200 ml mango pulp
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp veg gelatine
- To make the base, mix flour and butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add salt, water and knead to a firm dough. Wrap in cling film and chill.
- To make the filling, beat cream cheese, mango shrikhand and jaggery powder together. Add gelatine, mango essence and fold the mixture with a spatula.
- Roll out the dough with a thickness of 0.5 cm and place on a cake tin with a loose bottom. Prick the dough with a fork and bake at convection mode at 160°C for 20 mins.
- Pour the cheesecake filling on the base and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Add mango pulp mixed with veg gelatine to give a glossy mango jelly layer (optional).
- Serve chilled garnished with whipped cream piping and fresh mangoes.