Gluten-free Granola Bar in Microwave
By IFB | April 7, 2020
Try this delicious yet healthy microwave oven recipe for Gluten-free Granola Bar to mark World Health Day.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Makes: 6-9 bars
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- Optional: 1/2 cup add-ins like chocolate chips
- Coconut oil to grease baking tray
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, quinoa, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Cook for 5 mins at 100% micropower level while stirring after 2.5 mins.
- Now add in mashed bananas, peanut butter, desiccated coconut and maple syrup or honey. Stir until well-combined.
- Cook for 5 mins at 100% micropower level, stirring after 2.5 mins.
- Grease a 9cm x 12cm baking dish with coconut oil.
- Add banana quinoa mixture in greased tin. Spread chocolate chips on top.
- Refrigerate for 20 mins or until set through.
- Cut into 9-12 batons and allow to cool completely.