Steamed Goan Patodi in Microwave
By IFB | August 21, 2020
Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
On Ganesh Chaturthi, here’s an easy microwave oven recipe from the western coast of India, by IFB Spice Secrets.
Preparation time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 6 mins
Serves: 4 Portions
- 1/4 kg rice flour
- 250 gm grated coconut
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 gm jaggery
- 6 cardamoms
- 8 turmeric leaves
- Water as required
1. In a glass bowl, heat water and salt equivalent to the quantity of rice flour at 100%
2. micro power level for 6 min. Add rice flour in hot water and stir vigorously to avoid lumps.
3. Knead well and keep aside.
4. For the filling, add chopped jaggery, grated coconut and cardamom in a glass bowl and mix well. Heat this at 100% micro power for 8 min, stirring every 2 min till the jaggery melts. Let the filling cool down before use.
5. On a clean turmeric leaf, spread the rice dough and the sweet filling evenly.
6. Heat a steamer with water for 6 min at 100% micro power level. Once ready, place the uncooked patodi on the perforated steamer.
7. Cook the patodis for 5 min at 100% micro power level.
8. Serve hot.