Chicken Shami Kebabs in Microwave
By IFB | May 20, 2020
Hosting an Iftar party? Make tender, lip-smacking Chicken Shami Kebabs using this easy microwave oven recipe by IFB Spice Secrets.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 24 mins
Servings: 20 pcs
- 300 gm chicken mince
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander stems
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chickpea lentils/chana daal (soaked for at least 4 hours)
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp chana/lentil flour
- 1-2 tbsp multi grain breadcrumbs (if needed)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 30 ml olive oil
1. Put chicken mince with all the ingredients in the first batch into a Microwave-safe glass bowl. Add half cup water and cook at 100% micro power level for 8 mins. Cook till ingredients (lentils/potatoes/onion) are all soft. Once done, check if the mixture has water at the base. Place the bowl in the microwave oven for 5 mins; let unwanted water dry.
2. Allow this mixture to cool completely. Grind it until smooth. Put it into a bowl and add the chana flour and half of the beaten egg. Add garam masala, lemon juice and coriander and mix well.
3. If the mixture feels dry, you can slowly add the rest of the egg (1 tsp at a time) and mix. If it feels too sticky, add 1-2 tbsp breadcrumbs and mix.
4. At this point, refrigerate or even freeze the mixture until needed. When ready to cook, shape into flat kebabs and arrange them into a clean plate.
5. Grease the magic tawa with olive oil and place it on high rack, select H2 Programme of OFC Mode and let the microwave oven preheat. Meanwhile, dip the kebabs in egg to get crispiness post cooking.
(In convection microwave oven, select convection mode and pre-heat the oven at 180°C for 5 mins and follow process from step7).
6. After 2 mins of preheating, place the kebabs over the hot tawa.
7. Place the tawa in the MWO and set timer for 12 mins. Brush top side with olive oil and flip gently after 8 mins. Continue cooking.
8. Serve hot Chicken Shami Kebabswith lachha onion salad and freshly made pudina chutney.