Bell pepper & Basil Bruschetta in Microwave
By IFB | January 11, 2022
Program: Top + Bottom Heater with Convection Fan
Pre heat temp: 180°C | Pre heat time: 10 mins
Cook temp: 180°C | Cook time: 20mins
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 french loaf bread or long french baguette
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 2 tbsp basil Leaves, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp eggless mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- black pepper powder, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- In a bowl add chopped tomatoes, onions, capsicums, basil, dried oregano, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, black pepper powder. Mix everything well and cover it with the plastic wrap and let it sit for an hour.
- Cut long French baguette bread into 1 cm thick slices. Select the program & pre heat the oven at 180°C for 10 mins.
- Apply or drizzle Olive Oil on one side of the each bread slice and place baking tray into the preheated oven on middle rack position for 5 mins press start/pause button to pause the timer.
- Now remove the tray from the oven and with a spoon place ready topping mixture on each bread slice. Add some grated mozzarella cheese over each topping.
- Put the bread again in the oven and press start icon again. Continue baking for 15 mins or until the cheese melts and the bruschetta gets a golden top.
- Garnish with the chopped basil and serve immediately.