Baked Nasi Goreng in Microwave
By IFB | September 7, 2022
Program: Top and bottom heater with fan
Pre heat temp: 200°C
Pre heat time: 15 mins
Cook temp: 200°C
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 cups long-grain rice
- 3 cups chicken stock (water + chicken stock cube)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350 g chicken thigh fillet, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 onion, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sweet soya sauce
- ½ tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek paste
- 8 medium prawns, peeled, deveined
- ½ cup browned onion flakes
- 01 tbsp garlic nibs
- 1 tbsp schezwan sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 mid size green zucchini, thinly sliced diagonally
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Wash, clean and dice the chicken & Prawns in a clean bowl. Add chicken & prawns with all ingredients for marinade mix and keep aside for resting (1 hour). Soak rice separately in water for 1 hour.
- In a microwave / oven safe glass casserole add all marinated ingredients & place the glass lid if available or else use a microwave safe cling wrap and cover the casserole. Heat at 60% percent micro power level for 6 mins (if using cling wrap, poke it with fork to let the steam escape). Once done remove and place aside. Add 04 tbsp of chicken stock, mix well and cook further at 100% micro power level for 5 mins. (Chicken will further cook with rice)
- Pre heat the Oven at 200°C.
- Now drain the water & add Soaked rice in the cooked chicken & prawns mixture and mix well, add spring onions, finely chopped, green zucchini, cherry tomatoes, peanuts boiling hot chicken stock, salt and mix again & taste the seasoning , adjust salt if needed. Cover the glass casserole with Aluminum foil paper. Place the casserole on grill rack in pre heated built in oven over 3rd rack positioning.
- Bake for 30 mins. After 15 mins gently open the foil paper break eggs and just top it delicately on top of the rice ensure the yolk is intact. Cover the foil and continue cooking. After the baking time completes do not open the foil instantly due to trapped hot steam. Remove/open the foil after 15 mins.
- Serve hot nasi goreng with lemon wedge, garnished with some coriander leaves and top it with egg.