Orange Almond Barfi in Microwave
By IFB | April 26, 2020
This easy microwave oven recipe for Orange Almond Barfi is sure to make the occasion of Akshay Tritiya special.
- 50 gms orange segments
- 5 gms orange peel
- 80 gms almonds meal
- 50 gms desiccated coconut
- 30 gms fresh coconut (grated)
- 80 gms powdered jiggery
- 25 gms sunflower seeds (chopped)
- 5 gms cardamom powder
- 50 ml coconut milk
- Coconut oil for greasing
- For garnish: Candied oranges and almond slivers
1.In a microwave-safe bowl, mix desiccated coconut, fresh coconut (grated), almond meal, powdered jaggery and cook for 5 mins at 100% micropower level, stirring once after 2.5 mins.
2. Add chopped orange segments, chopped sunflower seeds and coconut milk. Mix well. Cook for 5 mins at 100% micropower level, stirring once after 2.5 mins.
3. Add the orange peel and cardamom powder; mix thoroughly. Lightly grease a square baking tin and press the mixture in it.
4.Once the mixture cools down and sets, cut the orange and almond barfi. Garnish with dried candied oranges and almond slivers.