Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Here’s a snack to keep you healthy and hydrated this summer using an easy microwave oven recipe by IFB Spice Secrets.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Baking time: 14 mins
Servings: 6-8 nos
- 100 gms leftover watermelon
- 100 gms whole wheat flour
- 25 gms besan
- 10 gms ghee (for making dough)
- 40 gms boiled whole masoor daal (other pulses can be used)
- 10 gms garlic
- 10 gms curry leaves
- 10 gms garam masala powder
- 1 lemon
- 10 gms green chillies
- 10 gms ginger
- 25 gms onions
- Salt to taste
- Melted ghee (for brushing)
1. In a clean bowl, mix whole wheat flour, besan, tarbooz, ghee and salt. Knead well, ensuring that you crush the watermelon and let its juice help in binding the dough.
2. Add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, garlic, boiled masoor, grated coconut, garam masala and salt, and continue kneading. The dough will become extra soft. Keep aside.
3.Fold aluminum foil into a square piece for hand pressing rotis.
4. Apply water on the foil and with wet hands put a small portion of dough and handpress it. Ensure even thickness and make a cavity with your thumb in the centre of the roti.
5. Grease the magic tawa with ghee and place it on high rack, select H2 Programme of OFC Mode and let the microwave oven preheat for 2 mins.
(In convection microwave oven, select convection mode and pre-heat the oven at 180°C for 5 mins and follow process from step 6).
6.After preheating, put the roti on hot tawa and delicately remove the foil.
7.Place the tawa in the MWO and set the timer for 12 mins. Brush the top side with ghee after 8 mins and turn the roti. Continue cooking.
8.Serve hot Tarbooz ki Roti with achar and dahi.