Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Add a dash of healthy sweetness to your Baisakhi with this easy microwave oven recipe for Sugar Free & Vegan Kesar & Gulkand Phirnee.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
Servings: 2 Portions
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 tbsp rice, soaked
- Saffron (a few strands)
- 3-4 pistachios
- 3 tsp powdered jaggery
- ¼ tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp gulkand
- Rose petals for garnish
1.In a microwave-safe bowl, boil the almond milk on 80% micropower level for 2 mins and set aside. Wash, drain and grind the rice coarsely.
2. Soak saffron in one tablespoon of almond milk separately. Blanch pistachios, peel and cut into slivers.
3. Add grinded rice to the milk; cook at 80% micropower level for 8 mins, stirring continuously after every 2 mins so no lumps are formed.
4. Add powdered jaggery, gulkand, green cardamom powder, saffron milk and mix; continue cooking at 80% micropower level for 2 mins.
5. Pour into soaked kasoras or earthen kullads and garnish with pistachio slivers, rose petals and served chilled.