Rice Chilla - Made with Leftover Rice in Microwave
By IFB | April 1, 2020
Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Food is precious; don’t waste it. Make Rice Chilla from leftover rice with this easy microwave oven recipe from IFB Spice Secrets.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 12 mins
Servings: 7-8 pieces
- 100 gms leftover boiled rice
- 100 gms any soaked mix dal
- 25 gms chickpea flour/besan
- 20 gms onion
- 20 gms tomato
- 5 gms ginger
- 10 gms garlic
- 5 gms green chilli
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp whole jeera
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Water for batter
- Oil for brushing
- In a clean blender jar, add leftover boiled rice, soaked mix dal, chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chillies, turmeric, whole jeera, coriander powder
- Add water and blend this into a coarsely grinded thick batter.
- Remove the batter in a bowl and add besan and salt; mix well and keep aside.
- Grease the magic tawa with oil and place it on high rack, select H2 Programme of OFC Mode and preheat.
- After 2 mins, pour a generous ladle of batter on the hot tawa and spread it gently with just one swirl. Do not make the chillas thin.
- Place the tawa in the microwave oven and set the timer for 10 mins. Turn the chilla after 7 mins and continue to cook the other side.
- Serve hot chillas with ketchup or coconut chutney.