Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Leftover vegetable dish lying in the fridge? Make Mix Vegetable Kebabs with a super simple microwave oven recipe.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Servings: 8-10 pcs
- 100 gms any leftover mix vegetables
- 100 gms boiled potato
- 25 gms rice flour (chawal ka atta)
- 20 gms onion
- 20 gms poha (puffed rice)
- 10 gms garlic
- 5 gms red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chopped curry leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 20 gms sooji (rawa)
- Oil for brushing
1. In a clean bowl, add leftover veg sabji, mashed potato and soaked poha (add water to poha, rinse water and let it rest); combine all thoroughly.
2. Add chopped onions, garlic, curry leaves, red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala powder, salt and mix well.
3. To shape the kebabs, divide into 8 evenly sized cylindrical portions (just like vegetable croquettes).
4. Dip the uncooked kebabs into rice flour slurry (rice flour + 4 tbsp water) and coat them with roasted rawa.
5. Grease the magic tawa with oil and place it on high rack, select H2 Programme of OFC Mode and let the microwave oven preheat.
(In convection microwave oven, select convection mode and pre-heat the oven at 180°C for 5 mins and follow process from step 7).
6. After 2 mins of preheating, place kebabs on hot tawa.
7. Place the tawa in the MWO and set the timer for 15 mins. Turn the kebabs after 7 mins.
8. Serve hot with freshly made tamatar ki chutney (chopped tomatoes + browned garlic + curry leaves +sugar + salt).