Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Not sure what to do with leftover khichdi? Try this easy and healthy microwave oven recipe for Khichdi Cutlets.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Servings: 8-10 pcs
- 100 gms leftover khichdi
- 100 gms boiled pulses (any)
- 25 gms chickpea flour/besan
- 20 gms onion
- 50 gms potato
- 5 gms ginger
- 10 gms garlic
- 5 gms green chilly
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chopped curry leaves
- 1 tsp coriander & jeera powder
- Salt to taste
- 20 gms bread crumbs
- Oil for brushing
- In a clean bowl, add leftover khichdi, any boiled pulses, boiled and mashed potatoes. Mix well and keep aside.
- In the above mixture, chopped onions, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, turmeric, coriander & jeera powder, and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- Shape into evenly sized cutlets.
- Make thin besan batter to dip the cutlets, and coat them well with bread crumbs.
- Grease the magic tawa with oil and place it on high rack, select H2 Programme of OFC Mode and let the microwave oven preheat.
- After 2 mins of preheating, place the cutlets on the hot tawa.
- Place the tawa in the microwave and set the timer for 10 mins. Turn the cutlets after 7 mins.
- Serve hot with Burnt Garlic Yogurt Dip (for the dip: add 2 tbsp chopped browned garlic into 4 tbsp of hung curd).