Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Refreshing, delicious, summery! Make Kaccha Aam Pana using this microwave oven recipe by IFB Spice Secrets.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Servings: 15 glasses
- 1 whole big raw mango
- ¾ cup jaggery powder
- 1 tsp black salt
- 15 gms roasted cumin seeds
- 20 gms mint leaves
- Water as required
1. Choose firm, green-skinned mangoes. They should be raw and hard to press.
2. Wash, peel and slice the mango thinly.
3. Place the slices in a microwave-safe glass bowl; add 1 cup water to it.
4.Cover and cook the mango slices at 100% micro power level for 5 mins.
5. Add jaggery powder, black salt and roasted and crushed cumin seeds and continue cooking at 80% micro power level for 5 mins.
6. Allow to stand a further 5 mins. Remove and let it cool completely.
7. Blend this mixture along with mint leaves in a blender into a smooth paste. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
8. To enjoy a glass of refreshing Kaccha Aam Pana, just fill the glass with 300 ml cold water and add 3 tbsp of aam pana paste. Stir with spoon.
9. Serve chilled, garnished with fresh mint leaves and some cumin powder.