From ‘washing machine not functioning’ to ‘water not entering the drum’, there are some problems that you might occasionally encounter with your IFB Front Load Washing Machine. There is no reason to worry though. If you don’t wish to hastily call a service technician, here are some quick tips to easily troubleshoot at home.
Washing machine not working
The washing machine might not be working or functioning if:
- Power supply is not turned ON.
- Electrical power cord is not plugged in or connection is loose.
- Program is not selected.
- Ensure that supply mains switch is ON.
- Check if the power cord is plugged in properly and the connection isn’t loose.
- Ensure that the program is selected.
The washing machine should now function normally.
Washing machine door not opening
The washing machine door may not be opening because:
- Machine may be in operation.
- Door opening may not be possible.
- Child Lock may be active.
- Check if a program is active. If yes, pause the program and check door symbol indication. For safety reasons, door cannot be opened when water level, temperature or speed is too high.
- Check if ‘dLEr (door lock error)’ message is displayed. If yes, switch OFF the machine for 2 minutes and then try opening the door again. Don’t forcibly open it.
- Disable Child Lock; wait for 1-2 minutes till door symbol glows on the display.
The door should now open easily.
Washing machine program not starting
The program may not be starting in the washing machine because:
- Start/Pause button on the washing machine may not be pressed.
- Water supply tap may not be ON or there may be no water supply or low water pressure.
- Washing machine door may not be closed properly.
- Program may be in Pause/Soak or Rinse hold mode.
- Ensure that the Start/Pause button is pressed. It glows when touched.
- Open tap and ensure there is water supply with normal pressure.
- Open and close the door firmly.
- Check the status on the display (whether program is in Pause/Soak or Rinse hold mode) and refer user manual if required.
The program should now start without any issues.
No water entering the washing machine
Water may not be entering the washing machine because:
- Tap may not be ON or there may be no water supply or low pressure.
- Door may not be closed properly.
- Inlet hose may be bent; sieve or inlet valve/inlet hose may be clogged.
- Open tap; ensure there is water supply with normal pressure.
- Open and close the door firmly.
- Check if the inlet hose is bent or sieve is blocked. Fix the bend and clean the blockage.
Water should now enter the washing machine normally.
Water leaking from washing machine
There may be water leakage from the washing machine because:
- Inlet hose connection may be loose.
- Filter may not be tight.
- Inlet hose may be leaking.
- Check and tighten the inlet hose connection.
- Check and tighten the filter.
- Inlet hose may need to be replaced.
Water leakage should now have stopped.
Water not draining from washing machine
The washing machine might not be draining water because:
- Filter may be clogged.
- Drain hose may be above 1 metre (check) from the ground.
- Drain hose may be twisted or clogged.
- Check and clean the filter.
- Check and place drain hose within 1 metre or ground level if required.
- Clean and straighten the drain hose.
The machine should now drain water normally.
Call IFB Care at 1860 208 5678/1860 425 5678 or use My IFB App to schedule a service appointment by a trained IFB technician.