Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Try this authentic and easy microwave oven recipe for Puran Poli, a favourite on Makar Sankranti.
Preparation time: 40 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Servings: 8-10 pcs
For the dough:
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup maida (all purpose flour) + flour for rolling
- 2 tbsp oil
- Water for kneading
For the filling:
- ½ cup chana dal (split bengal gram), boiled
- ½ cup tuvar dal (split pigeon peas), boiled
- 1 cup powdered jaggery
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 6-8 cashews, chopped
- 6-8 almonds, chopped
- 6-8 pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1. In a bowl, knead a soft dough with the ingredients. Cover and let rest.
2. In a microwave-safe glass bowl, add all ingredients for the puran. Mix well. Heat this mixture for 8 min at 100% micropower. Stir every 2 min. Check if the jaggery is melted completely; if not, cook it further for 5 min at 100% micropower.
3. Once the filling is ready, let cool completely.
4. Preheat the microwave oven on convection mode at 200°C.
5. To assemble puran poli, take a small portion of the dough; round it well. Now add a spoonful of the puran in the dough. Seal the stuffed ball well.
6. Roll the puran polis into 10 cm diameter with ½ cm thickness.
7. Place the puran polis in the greased baking tray, apply ghee from top, cook well for 12 min, turn after 8 min to cook the other side.
8. Serve hot with ghee.