Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
What better way to celebrate New Year than making Plum Cake in your microwave!
Prep Time: 40 mins
Bake Time: 45 mins
Servings: 550 gms approx.
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chopped cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup black raisins
- 1/2 cup mixed dry fruits (dates, cherries, orange peels, etc)
- 100ml Golden syrup/ Maple syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp clove powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C on convection mode.
2. Add 3 tbsp flour to the dry fruits and nuts and dredge completely to coat it. Set aside.
3. Mix the remaining flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, spice powders, and salt until well combined.
4. Cream the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla essence and mix. Next, add 1 egg and beat.
5. Then add a bit of the flour mixture and fold. Likewise, alternate between the eggs and flour mixture until they are used up.
6. Add the Golden/Maple syrup and dry fruits and gently fold in. Pour batter into a greased cake pan and smooth the top.
7. Bake for 45 mins until the top turns a dark brown, check with a skewer inserted into the cake.
8. Dust with icing sugar when the plum cake is completely cooled.