Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Fruits, custard, cake, jelly, ice-cream … this one has it all! Let everyone indulge in flavours they love with this Exotic Fruit Trifle recipe.
Preparation time: 40 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Servings: 4 portions
- 1 tin stewed fruits
- Sponge cake bits (to layer)
- 1 cup custard powder
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 bowl jelly (any flavour)
- Cream biscuits (to layer)
- 2 scoops vanilla ice-cream
- Sprinkles (for garnish)
1. Make the jelly by mixing the content in water and cook in the microwave oven for 8 min at 100% micropower. For custard sauce, dilute the powder with cold milk and heat at 100% micropower for 6 min; whisk after 6 min vigorously to break the lumps.
2. Refer to Mocha Cake recipe, follow same recipe procedure without coffee and chocolate and bake a good quality sponge.
3. Stewed fruits: Cook diced apples, musk melon and pineapple (30 gm each) in 500 ml water for 6 min at 100% micropower with 50 gm of grain sugar.
4. In a flat bowl, layer the sponge cake with custard followed with biscuit crumb, stewed fruits and finally the jelly.
5. Repeat these layers to fill the bowl.
6. Keep it in the refrigerator to set. Top it up with vanilla ice-cream and serve garnished with some sprinkles.