Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Nothing could beat the classic Mac and Cheese on International Cheese Day! Try its easy microwave oven recipe.
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 21 min
Servings: 4 portions
- 1½ cups Macaroni pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese, like sharp cheddar and Swiss
1. Select convection mode and preheat the microwave oven at 180°C.
2. Boil water in a microwave-safe glass bowl for 4 min at 100% micropower. Add pasta and continue cooking for 4 min till it is cooked partially.
3. Drain pasta, mix olive oil and place aside.
4. In a glass bowl, add olive oil and heat at 100% micropower for 3 min.
5. Add the flour and stir over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned; continue cooking at 100% micropower for 1 min.
6. Add the milk and whisk to remove any lumps and add salt and pepper.
7. Cook the mixture for 3 min at 100% micropower till sauce thickens.
8. Stir in the cheese and whisk until smooth and melted. Add drained pasta in the cheesy sauce.
9. Transfer the mixture to a shallow tin or ceramic pie dish. Bake at 180°C for 6 min on convection mode till the top browns lightly.