Yes it’s possible … in an IFB Microwave Oven!
Try this delicious yet healthy microwave oven recipe for Gluten-free Granola Bar to mark World Health Day.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Baking time: 25 mins
Servings: 18 slices
For the Carrot Cake:
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups freshly shredded carrots
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
For the decoration:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 7-8 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate biscuit crumb
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 ml sweetened milk
- 500 gms fondant icing
- Preheat the microwave oven at 180°C on convection mode. Grease two 8-inch round cake tin and set aside. Pour the flour, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon powder, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl. Mix lightly and pour in the melted coconut oil, eggs and vanilla. Continue mixing gently. Mix in the shredded carrots, coconut and chopped nuts.
- Equally divide the batter between the two cake tins and flatten. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C on convection mode, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the cake tin, then flip the cakes out onto cooling racks and cool completely before frosting.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and butter together until very smooth. Scrape the bowl and beat again to be sure that there are no lumps and now add powdered sugar. Beat in the vanilla and salt and continue whisking.
- Carefully remove the top crust from both the carrot cakes. Moisten them with sweetened milk.
- Place the carrot cake on top of the other; align well. Now spread the frosting with spatula and level well on top and sides of the cake.
- Roll out the fondant 0.5cm thick and cover the cake.
- Garnish with chocolate biscuit crumb, fondant bunny and fondant carrots.