Nothing tastes more delectable on Durga Puja and Dussehra than the classic Rasgullas, ready in minutes in your IFB Microwave.
Preparation time: 40 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Servings: 14 nos. approx.
- 2 litre milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (mixed in 1/4 cup water)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 green cardamoms
- ½ tsp rose water
- Saffron for garnish
- Rose petals for garnish, optional
- Pistachios for garnish
1. Heat the milk in a microwave-safe bowl for 8 min at 60% micropower level. Add the diluted lemon juice and heat at 60% micropower level for 7 min. Stir every 2 min.
2. Once the milk is curdled, strain it with a muslin cloth and let it drain.
3. On a flat plate, put the milk solids and mash well till smooth.
4. In another microwave-safe glass bowl, add water, sugar, cardamom and rose water. Mix till sugar is dissolved completely.
5. Make even round balls of the milk solids on the palm; ensure no cracks.
6. Add the uncooked rasgullas in the sugar syrup. Now place the bowl in the microwave oven and cook rasgullas at 80% micropower level for 5 min. Check after 5 min and repeat the program twice, with total cooking time of 15 min.
7. Once done, rasgullas will be double their original size.
8. Let rasgullas chill in refrigerator, serve garnished with rose petals, saffron and pistachios.